Friday, November 11, 2011

everybody's gotta water buffalo...


Well, if you didn't know.. it's Friday. And what a big Friday it is. Why's that? Well, for one it's Veterans day. I encaourage anyone and everyone to show your support for all veterans in some way shape or form. 

Second. It's 11-11-11. 
MAKE A WISH! 

I hope you guys have some great weekend plans ahead of you; whether that be play dates with family or friends, to vegging out on the couch enjoying some R&R. Either way, do whatever you do with happiness and love :) 

I'm headed to the world famous Heifer Ranch in southern Arkansas to volunteer, hike, play with some camels, kiss a goat, and chill with a water buffalo. (FINALLY! I can live out my Veggie Tale dream of having a real life water buffalo. You know which song I'm talking about my fellow veggie tale lovers)

Not a bad weekend, hey! But, that's not even the best part, the best part is I get to reunite with one my dearest friends that I made in Australia, Britney! Britney and I traveled together with the same Australearn program and we instantly became friends.


Britney is from Washington. Both Washington's actually and what are the odds that that same Northerner I became so close with in another country, and that is hundreds + hundreds miles away from me in our own country, would land a one in a million opportunity job at Heifer Ranch in Arkansas, America?! It's fate :)

This was when she surprised me in Fayetteville a few weekends ago!

Pictures from the rest of the Photo Challenge coming after the weekend!
Also, don't forget to drop in and participate in the weekly Photo Swap. 
Later cool cats!

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Heifer Ranch has a great summer camp that teaches teens how to take care of a farm and gain respect for the outdoors. it's really really cool. hope you enjoy it!