I'm very excited to do my second-ever guest post here at Love Never Fails! Sam and I have known each other since she was a wee little freshman in high school! Seriously! Don't believe me? Check out this picture from her basketball senior night way back in 2008 (okay, not that long ago, but still!):
Sam, can you believe it's been 7 years since Bobby introduced us?! Me either. But that's not what this post is about. I mean, who really wants to take a trip down the memory lane of two people they may have not met in person at all??
No no. You see, Sam gave me the task of sending everyone off to have a great weekend. That's some heavy ish right there. So while I've been racking my brain trying to figure out something worth writing for all you beautiful readers, I still have come up short. I think I get a writer's block when I'm asked to write for others. Why? Because I want it to be a good post for her and her readers. I don't want her readers to be disappointed in the people she chose for a guest blogger.
So what I have decided to do, to send you all off to have a great weekend, is to create a fun music playlist that will have you dancing and singing the night away. Plus, Sam and I both share a fantastic love for music, so maybe this will do it some justice! Along with the songs & titles, I'm providing the link on YouTube to each song and I'm also giving you my perspective of the song, so that you can see why I chose them.
- Drop it Low - Ester Dean & Chris Brown
- This song is probably one of the most fun to dance to, hands down. Seriously, when have you heard this song and not dropped as low as you could without flashing your Britney or having your legs collapse?
- Water - Brad Paisley
- This is a fun and upbeat country song. It has reasons for loving water and summer, such as wet t-shirt contests on spring break. And I'm a country girl, so a country song had to get in on this playlist one way or the other :)
- I Like It - Enrique Iglesias featuring Pitbull
- Another fun song to dance to. That's what a majority of these songs are. Plus Sam has shown she and her friends like to sing to it ;-)
- Dynamite - Taio Cruz
- This has been one of my favorite songs since it came out. I can't explain what it is about this beat and the lyrics, but I FREAKING love it! It's a good fist pumping song too. Not that I watch nor care about the Jersey Shore.
- Let It Rock - Kevin Rudolf & Lil' Wayne
- Always a good song. Plus Lil' Wayne's parts are what makes this song.
- Disturbia - Rihanna
- And yet, another good song to dance to. The beat is awesome in this one. And this is back when Rihanna's songs were really good, not creepy scary like S&M...I mean the video is a little scary...this may have been when she started to get scary.
- Yeah 3x - Chris Brown
- MY CURRENT OBSESSION. Seriously. I love Chris Brown (please don't hate me super feminists) and my big sis in the sorority helped me to become obsessed with this song while I was with her in Arizona over Christmas break. I listen to this every night before I go out to help me get pumped up to dance. And I want to learn the little dance he does during the second chorus! (Told you, obsessed.)
- I'm on a Boat - The Lonely Island featuring T-Pain
- So funny, and you know you know all the words. The music video is freaking hilarious. My mind was blown when this came out, and I love it. I can't make a fun playlist anymore without this song included. Not a dancing song, but definitely one the whole crowd will shout-sing to. And you know you do too ;-)
- Evacuate the Dancefloor - Cascada
- This one's for all the girls. You know when this song comes on in the club, you all do a "OH MY GAHHH!! I LOOOOVE THIS SONG!!! LET'S DANCE!!!" And if you don't, please do next time you're out and think of me :)
- I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
- You can't hear this song and not be in a good mood. You know it's true. It's happened to me a couple times, I'll be having a bad day and this song will come on the radio and I forget that I'm having a bad day. This song just makes me incredibly happy, and I'm not even that big of a Black Eyed Peas fan.
- If We Ever Meet Again - Timbaland featuring Katy Perry
- This is another one for the girls. I love a lot of Timbaland's productions, and adding Katy Perry in this one to his benefit. Now I think Katy Perry's original songs are a little over played, but for some reason this song never gets old to me. It's probably because of the actual words of the song. "What's somebody like you doin' in a place like this" just explains you'll find the right people in crazy places. I also love "this free fall has got me, so kiss me all night don't ever let me go."
- Blame It - Jamie Foxx featuring T-Pain
- You know you can't have one drink by itself without thinking of this song. Or is that only me? Anyways, when this song came out, Mr. Foxx gave us an even bigger excuse to do silly things when we drink, and then a song to explain ;-)
- Toot It and Boot It - YG
- A song that is wrong in all the right ways. What do I mean? The content is awful. But it's set to a good beat and the dance is a lot of fun to do when you master it. I'm obsessed with this song out too.
- Electric Feel - MGMT
- Gives you a mellow tune to relax for a little bit. I can't even go to a party anymore without wanting at least one MGMT song played. I was obsessed with Kids when I worked aat Gap, but then my friend Chris introduced me to this one, and I think I love this one more. MGMT's sound is so eclectic but so awesome, and I love mellow music.
- Raise Your Glass - P!nk
- A song that I feel was written just for me. "So raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways" speaks to my heart. And it's another song that I can't imagine a party without.
- TiK ToK - Ke$ha
- The original was her masterpiece. I'm obsessed with Ke$ha. Why do I love her so? She's a crazy drunken party whore, she knows she is, and she doesn't care that people criticize her for it. I love it. TiK ToK is STILL my favorite song of hers. Trust me, there's other songs of hers that I love almost as much as this one, but this one will forever be my #1.
- All I Do is Win - DJ Khaled featuring T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg, & Rick Ross
- Thank you DJ Khaled for creating the simplest dance move that everyone knows. All you have to do is raise your hands when they say "everybody's hands go up" and bounce to the beat. And it's a fun time. And you know it.
- She Wolf - Shakira
- And yet another one for the girls. I love the beat to this song, and how it empowers women to "go after their prey"...I'm a pretty assertive person, so this song just lets me know it's okay for me to tell I guy I think he's pretty :)...and you have to admit Shakira's got a damn good body and can shake it well.
- Oklahoma Girl - Eli Young Band
- I can't make a CD without including at least one Eli Young Band song on it anymore. I was introduced to this band just before they released their second CD Jet Black and Jealous. And, being the Oklahoma Girl that I am, this is one of my favorites of theirs. "A Texas boy just might find something in an Oklahoma girl..." = Love.
- DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love - Usher featuring Pitbull
- A pop artist who's been around for a long time, but still makes good dancing music. Oh Usher. Many of my memories from junior high and high school have an Usher song attached to them. This is one of my most favorite of his new ones. Good beat. And he can STILL dance.
- I Know You Want Me - Pitbull
- Who doesn't love a little Spanish in their dance songs? I think it's just because the beat is so easy to dance to is hy I love this song so much. It's another one that I have loved since it came out, and can't get enough of.
Well there you go, a little glimpse into my music taste for a fun night ahead. I hope I accomplished a fun enough post for you all to have a great weekend! And I think if you just click on the first song in this list, it'll play through all of the songs for you because I made a playlist...so use this to listen to while you're getting ready to go out with the girls! It'll help you get ready and will definitely set you up to have a fantastic night!