Thursday, September 3, 2009

I Can Only Imagine



So, lately I have been really struggling with my training. The miles are getting longer and running alone compared to my team at Fleet Feet, is well... No comparison. The motivation and positive energy I have with them is undeniable.

I was scheduled to run 14 miles today. The farthest I have yet to go has been 12, and that was with my group. So needless to say, I was definitely doubting myself big time that I was able to run 14 alone. 


Then I receive an email from my mom that has changed my life forever. 

Be prepared to be moved beyond belief at this video. I am still crying typing this post. I hope it can help move, motivate, speak, and change parts of your life you're struggling with.  We all have been blessed. And no matter how hard things may be, all things are possible through Him.





Also, keep in mind while watching this video; The distances in an IronMan race are 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride, and a full marathon- 26.2 mile run. 


Here are more videos of Rick and Dick Hoyt.



Oh, and PS... I ran 14 miles today :)

1 comment:

Kendra said...

ah, i have seen the video before and heard his story a few years ago. so just being reminded of that amazing story touched my heart all over again.

yah 14 miles!