Friday, September 7, 2012

Let's Talk About Sex Baby

This weekend I'm off to a sex convention.
Well, sorta. I'm volunteering at it.
Yeah, with my church.
BOOM.
You're minds blown right now huh?!
Well good, it should be.

'Romance Uncensored' is a national annual convention put on by my pastor and his wife and it's for married couples to get together for a weekend and talk about, you guessed it, sex.

Whether or not that word, that term, that concept, or the act itself makes you uncomfortable is, no offense, kind of irrelevant. We unfortunately don't have a choice. It's everywhere. In our minds, in our DNA, in our desires, in our tv shows, in our books, in our music, in our workplace, in our schools, in our homes, it's even in our freaking foods (aphrodisiacs people).  We can't escape it and the more we are ashamed of it, the more hurt and harm we inevitably cause for ourselves.

I'm a firm believer that if the church would talk about sex more, our reality would be radically different. Now, I'm not talking about the stereotypical kind of talk either...
SEX IS FROM SATAN!!!!!!! 
PREMATRTIAL SEX = STRAIGHT SHOT TO HELL, GOD WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!
WHEN YOU ARE MARRIED, THE MAN IS ONLY ALLOWED ON TOP AND THAT'S IT! EVERYTHING ELSE IS SINNNNN!
.....................
FALSE.
You may think that sounds crazy, but you know it's what most people at some point of their lives have been led to believe. Which is just down right heartbreaking.


I'm so blessed to be apart of a spiritual family that's open, honest, in your face with sex and all it's many colors. For me, it's not only been eye opening, but more life changing than anything.

In honor of sextember, I'm going to share a few of my all time favorite videos about the topic: 


PS... Some exciting stuff is in the works for this ol' bloggy of mine. FINALLY!
Stay tuned for the new(ish) direction and some actual blogging all coming your way sometime next week. Happy Weekending you beautiful people!

No comments: