Monday, August 8, 2011

The birth of Dottie Adele! Newest etsy sensation and my favorite store :)


Friends, if you have followed me for awhile you all know that I am friends with this pretty remarkable lady named Valerie.

Valerie is amazing for many, MANY reasons!
But one of those reasons is she is a SENSATIONAL seamstress.



I rest my case :)
And now, she is accomplishing one of her dreams and opening up her
Dottie Adele will be a shop filled with handmade clothing items for women. I want to create pieces that fit effortlessly into a wardrobe. From skirts to dresses to tops, each piece will be easy to wear and simple to style. You've seen a sneak peek of many of these garments already in the past few weeks!
Dottie Adele is named after both my grandmothers. Dottie, my Granny, taught me to sew pillows and quilts during some of the favorite summers of my childhood. Adele, my Grandma, has impeccable style and is my, along with the rest of her grandchildren's, biggest fan. The name of this shop is simply a tribute to the talents and love of these women who came before me.
The shop officially opens next Monday, August 8. I would love if you would stop by and browse around a little! Come back on Monday for the link, as well as to enter a giveaway I'll be hosting to celebrate!"- Val
I could not be more happy for someone! She is such an amazing woman and an equally as talented seamstress. I GUARANTEE that you will love her items. They are simple, adorable, chic, affordable, and all around FREKIN' FANTASTIC CLOTHES! Go have a lookie-look at her new shop, her blog, and fall in love with Dottie Adele :)
You'll be so glad you did!


Val:
CONGRATS x10000000000000000000000000!!!!!!!!
I am so proud and honored to know you :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!! I wish I could sew like that, the best I can manage is a flat quilt haha. Also, I just sent you the Blog On Fire Award :) Check it out here: http://whitspeaks.blogspot.com/2011/08/blog-on-fire-award.html

xoxo,
Whit

Valerie said...

thank you for the support, my dear! your kind words and enthusiasm have been a great encouragement to me.

lindsay said...

YAY!! i am so excited for val and her new chapter...her work is stunning...i need to get a piece from her collection pronto!!

my dearest sam we need to catch up...i miss you dearly :) XO

Ma Belle La Vie said...

I LOVE that black dress! It's absolutely beautiful! So glad I found your blog- I am now following :)