Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Taking the blog in a new direction

Wow, it has dawned on me that I have been blogging for well over a year now. And I find myself more and more involved in this wonderful blogging world all the time. Lately, I have been feeling very led to move this blog into a bigger and better direction; something more than just the average ordinary. I am not quite sure how and I'm not quite sure in what way I plan to do it, but believe me folks, it's GOING to happen. I want it to be a more positive, energetic, stylish, unique blogger. I want to design or  omething that is still "me" but can reach out and help someone, anyone(!), in some way, shape, or form. I want to influence others the way, this girl, in particular has influenced me.

Just a few short weeks ago I stumbled upon Syndey's little blog called "The Daybook" and was immediately enthralled by her creativity, spark for life, love for her husband, and passion for Christ. Everything she would write, I felt like I could relate to. Her style and beliefs struck me in a way that no other blog has yet. It made me want to be, shall I say, better? I can't really say there was one specific thing that inspired me, but more so it was the whole package she was presenting to the world. Another thing that has touched me is her marriage to her husband! They seem to have a wonderful marriage even at such a young age. It's so moving. Don't believe me? Take a look at this post her husband, Tyson, left for her and their readers too see (she had no idea he had posted it!).

I have had the pleasure of talking to her a few times via different internet portals and she has such a lovely spirit. She even helped me get a jump start on the new blog design. You will instantly see my attempts to be cool like her! Haha.. I wish we could meet for coffee and just set and talk about our lives. We both agreed we would be great friends. But, the point of talking about her like I have is to show/emphasize the positive direction I am wanting to go with this blog. I want to be that positive person for someone, even if it's just one person, like she has been for me!

I really am feeling the urge to take my blog into a "self-love" type direction. I really want to stress the importance of love for oneself and belief that we can do anything if we set our heart and minds to it. We really can have it all!

Also, something along the lines of finding the beauty in everything and realizing that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, and that all we really need to do is love others and ourselves; That's the key to happiness, isn't it? Love. After all, love never fails. And yet, that doesn't even have to mean a significant-other type of love, I feel that verse "Love Never Fails" implies that as long as we give love, no what the shape or form, we can never fail. We will always find happiness.

For those of you that have made it this far, congrats! You are done. Thank you for staying around! I know this post is so random, so jumbled, and so far out there. But, I am not one for masking how I feel. So here's to new blog beginnings! I know these changes won't happen over night, but they will happen. I just know it. Thank you to all my readers/friends that continue to read my never-ending rambling.

All my love,
Sam

5 comments:

Valerie said...

power to you! can't wait to see where it goes. you're a such a positive light in real life, and trust me, it already shines through in your blog!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Sydney's blog, your blog seems to look a lot like it. you took a bunch of stuff from her blog. Is she cool with that?

Good luck with taking your blog in a new direction. Cant wait!

-Sam I Am- said...

Val-- You're wonderful. I can't say it enough. Thank you! ((ps.. the LBD says hello!!))

Anonymous- Thanks for stopping by! I love when I get new visitors. As for Sydney being 'OK' with having very similar blogs, I think/hope she's cool with it! Like, I said she was the one who really helped me change my look around (I used to have a red, black, and white theme). She seemed fine the few times we have chatted :) I even apologized for having a "copy cat" theme going on, and she just laughed and said no worries, this is a very typical look for blogs. (It's just so nice and clean. I'm trying to avoid clutter). As for the gadgets, I tried to arrange them and have them apply to me as best as possible. Hopefully she and other readers can see that. But, like I said, she's such a sweet spirit... I don't think she would be upset unless I literally did the exact same thing she did. (married someone named Ty, titled my blog the 'daybook', etc. hahaha)

As I become more comfortable and "in-the-know" with HTML, I hope to be able to spice up the blog more and make it more "my own"; Change colors, fonts, and even layout. I don't want to seem like I'm taking away from anyone by any means. Honestly, I am very computer dumb (just being honest) and for now, as a full-time+working college student.. This is the best I could do.

Hopefully it offends no one and people can still get a piece of ME out of it! It's most certainly a work in progress.

Thanks again for stopping by :) Please come visit again.

Betty Manousos said...

Hi Sam,
Just passing by to say hi!

Hope you're doing well.
Love the new template!
So here's to new blog beginnings!!

B xx

Kendra said...

Cheers to new beginnings! I can't wait to see what you have in store. And know we all support you no matter what.