Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Marilyn and Chelsea

When I read, I consider it to be my "escape from the real world"; a time that's just for me and my imagination. That's why I typically like to read novels. I get enough of real life as it is! But I have decided to break the norm of reading fiction and dive into a few non-fiction pieces! My Horizontal Life  by Chelsea Handler and The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe by J. Randy Taraborrelli. Of course I would get a Marilyn book!

"Chelsea writes like Judy Blume, if Judy Blume were into vodka, Ecstasy and sleeping with midgets and nineteen-year-olds!" - Jennifer Weiner 

I still am reading the Sookie Stackhouse series of course. I'm on book 3 and just found out today that there is a book 10 coming out in October! Birthday present?? YES PLEASE! :)

No comments: